Need help with connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Speace0181

Jan 17, 2017
Ky
So... I recently moved into a new home and moved my super 27 with me. It has a brick chimney with clay liner in the basement. It is in very good shape. I ordered a wall thimble to slide into the clay thimble to hook up to the dvl pipe I already had. The thimble is extremely tight. Only able to get it halfway into the thimble. Probably have to clean the remaining 3". Next thing is how to connect dvl to the thimble? What would be the piece I need to go from the dvl elbow to the thimble?

To penetrate into the masonry chimney you will need a double wall Masonry Adapter. This will allow your Dura-vent double wall pipe to connect, and the Masonry Adapter will connect to the Tee in the flue. You will also probably need the DuraVent slip connector.