Need some advice on an alcove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It sure doesn’t instill much confidence in a product when tech support can’t answer your pretty standard question. You do know this stove has been discontinued?

It’s a durable stove, it’s just not a big heater.. Prepare yourself to be underwhelmed!
I just looked it up and you are right. I was thinking it was one of the newer designs with the Vermont castings downdraft system. The stove in question is a pretty good stove but like you said not a big heater.

Reactions: webby3650
I just looked it up and you are right. I was thinking it was one of the newer designs with the Vermont castings downdraft system. The stove in question is a pretty good stove but like you said not a big heater.
I’ve installed a bunch of them. I had one or 2, they were very underwhelming.. We rarely ever replace parts on them though. They are probably the best stove VC ever produced, except for the fact they bought the brand...

Reactions: bholler