Need some help getting UPC codes of the pellet bags.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, just a little.

only purchased 2 bags they burned ok nothing great I like stove chow better from HD I would use them again

At my local Home Depot in NW PA, they don't have the HDX pellets. Instead they have ones just generically labelled at premium pellets. The UPC is 037461540097, which using your search comes back to AWF.
On AWF's website they say these pellets are a hardwood blend, but they are light in color and look much lighter than the MWP's blend.

Have you tried fireside ultras ?
no unless they are a different name in ny? purchased 4 tons of chow for 189 a ton and they work great for me in my stove

IMAG0171-1-1-1.jpg IMAG0174.jpg Picked these up the other day, pellets are running low.

Product of Somerset Hardwood Flooring.
Thanks for the info.
My question is...... What is in it for the pellet manufactures to change bags and sell under different names. And when it is re bagged do they change the product slightly to save cost.

One thing I have learned in the nine years or so burning lots of pellets. There is no such thing as consistencies in pellet batches. Same name pellet bagged in two different years can be completely different. It's all about the money.:p

Thanks for the info.
My question is...... What is in it for the pellet manufactures to change bags and sell under different names. And when it is re bagged do they change the product slightly to save cost.
I have heard some of the Somerset dealers antsy over the boxes gettting the same bags. This is Somersets boxstore bag IMHO.

Keeps the dealers happy if the bag isn't the same. but the pellet inside should be no different .

Reactions: geek
hey Jay, good to hear from you ..!!!

Reactions: jtakeman
More posts than me...:)
Yes, I still check in and keep an eye on the threads I started............ I also been trying to pass on where pellets are available in my area for those in need. but often by the time I post they are usually gone by then. Pellet shortage in full tilt in my area. If they have pellets they are usually rationed too!

I still get my alerts for PM's by email. ;)

Reactions: geek
I am still in the experimenting phase here. Not much for options up here where I am. I have found a place a little ways away that has cubex 330 a ton, energex which in my CAB50 makes clinkers 269 a ton, Barefoot $300 a ton, Ambiance $300 a ton, Dry creek $320 a ton, Hamers Hot Ones 300 a ton, Turman $315 a ton, green supreme and freedom fuel for $254 a ton. Everything except the last two have spring pricing coming soon but not sure what to go with. Have only tried GSP, Energex, Freedom Fuel and Infernos due to availability in the "shortage". So far I have no preference.

I am still in the experimenting phase here. Not much for options up here where I am. I have found a place a little ways away that has cubex 330 a ton, energex which in my CAB50 makes clinkers 269 a ton, Barefoot $300 a ton, Ambiance $300 a ton, Dry creek $320 a ton, Hamers Hot Ones 300 a ton, Turman $315 a ton, green supreme and freedom fuel for $254 a ton. Everything except the last two have spring pricing coming soon but not sure what to go with. Have only tried GSP, Energex, Freedom Fuel and Infernos due to availability in the "shortage". So far I have no preference.

Holy cow, those are some crazy prices. Well, if you are getting good heat and can put up with the ash, the FF are probably the way to go.

yeah! I am waiting to see if it was just the shortage that drove them on up or what. Who knows maybe they will have a sale or something and can stock up but we shall see.

Home Depot is no longer selling WOW Blazers. This year they're selling another product from WA - http://www.olympuspellets.com/Cascade.html. $239 per ton. Looks like interesting stuff! Timing is terrible, as I just received delivery of (4) tons Golden Fire from Lowes for $299 per ton (sad face)

Status
Not open for further replies.