Need some help getting UPC codes of the pellet bags.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pacific Pellets

Attachments

• pacific.pellet.jpg
    pacific.pellet.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 379
Natural Glow

Attachments

• natural.glow.pellet.jpg
    natural.glow.pellet.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 260
Lowes in Lloyd, NY has North American Pellet blend
$209 a ton (IIRC)
UPC: 899186002102
Manufacturer is:
Curran Renewable Energy LLC
20 Commerce Drive
Massena, NY 13662

TSC in Highland, NY has their house brand hardwood
$219 a ton, up $10 from last check a couple of months ago.
UPC is 013238000520
Comes up as
Lignetics, Incorporated
P.O. Box 1706
Sandpoint, ID 83864

Got a ton of the TSCs since I was looking for the Lignetics.

Reactions: jtakeman
LaCrete

image.jpg image.jpg

LaCretes
code: 6 25490 99200 2

So if you're looking for rebagged LaCretes, the company # is the 25490 right?

Results
Response from: GS1 Canada
Number of results: 0 Displaying: 0 row(s) Response Code: 2 (No record found)

Not sure of the heat you would get - I don't think bedding is as dense as pellet for heat. Raw materials are SPF. I see weights are different so how do they compare in package volume?
From their ABM website:
Cost and Fiber Efficiency Our crumbled product has a lower bulk density (lbs/cubic foot), so it takes fewer bags to achieve the same bedding depth as a full pellet bedding. This reduces waste, initial setup cost and results in better conservation of natural resources.
and
During manufacturing of the product, raw material has essentially been sterilized. Material is dried for up to thirty minutes at a range of 800°F down to 145°F at the conclusion of the drying process. The product is then subjected to approximately 20-30,000 PSI pressure, increasing temperature back up to approximately 200°F prior to cooling to room temperature.

My stove shop is selling horse bedding pellets for heating. Not sure of the brand, I'll stop in there on my way home.

I pretty much just want to get an idea on if they'll work in the Harman without tearing it up. lol

I can get a wrapped pallet & what's left on he open one for $150.00. :)

As long as I can haul it away. Their little tractor won't lift he full skid.... so I have to open it & stack them twice. :-/

They were ok,... ash was about average compared to a hardwood...heat was ok too but needed to bump the air up a bit as it was burning a little dirty for me...I bought some off a recommendation off this forum just to test....I wouldn't buy those TSC pellets again because there are far superior pellets available around here for way cheaper but in a pinch it would definitely get you by....oh AND they were $5.50 a bag meh......

If you can get those other ones cheap (which it looks like you can) it would be a great deal, BUT you must try them first, you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of pellets that burn like chit for you.

They were ok,... ash was about average compared to a hardwood...heat was ok too but needed to bump the air up a bit as it was burning a little dirty for me...I bought some off a recommendation off this forum just to test....I wouldn't buy those TSC pellets again because there are far superior pellets available around here for way cheaper but in a pinch it would definitely get you by....oh AND they were $5.50 a bag meh......

If you can get those other ones cheap (which it looks like you can) it would be a great deal, BUT you must try them first, you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of pellets that burn like chit for you.

Exactly....

I don't want to say I'm only going to take them after I try a few bags....

I think I'll get them this weekend & play with the settings on the Harman.

No way I'm trying them in the Eco-Tek unless the Harman burns them REALLY well. lol

Exactly....

I don't want to say I'm only going to take them after I try a few bags....

I think I'll get them this weekend & play with the settings on the Harman.

No way I'm trying them in the Eco-Tek unless the Harman burns them REALLY well. lol

You could always mix them with something else too if you had an issue with them.......or buy a couple horses....lol ;)

Curran animal bedding. 100% softwood for $239 a ton

Reactions: PPLcangotoh...
Sanford Me

Status
Not open for further replies.