Need some insert opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jmg76

Jul 31, 2018
New England
hi everyone,

Long-ish time reader, first time poster. I’ve been exhaustively researching inserts for my house in Maine to heat this winter. The house is a somewhat updated 1830 cape in a mighty cold place. Here’s the road I’ve been down so far:

Napoleon EPI3c - good choice but a bit small and surround is too big
Morsø 5660 - really my favorite choice, but unfortunately the box doesn’t taper. My fireplace does. Looks like it won’t fit.
Regency CI2600 - too many posts about blackening glass problems

Currently I’m looking at the Blaze King Siroco 25, but the BTUs are a bit low and Im concerned about the whole cat thing.

I’d love any input from the experts here. This whole process is getting a bit exhaustive for me. I’m looking for a large viewing window and contemporary design.

My dimensions are:

Fireplace opening of 30” that tapers to back of 22” width

26.5 height

Depth of 22”

Thank you in advance and nice to meet you all!

And here’s the fireplace :)

Attachments

• Need some insert opinions
    CB0BD4ED-5180-432B-ACCE-78087B12B1AB.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 217
How many square feet Is your house?

Looks like there may be several options, but you will need to check dimensions for fit and clearance requirements. In big inserts look at the Regency i3100, Osburn 2400, Pacific Energy Summit, Quadrafire 4100i. Slightly smaller but also nice are the Enviro Boston 1700 and Hearthstone Clydesdale.

i think you might have top and side clearance issues with that wood on the mantel/hearth.

i think you might have top and side clearance issues with that wood on the mantel/hearth.
I think the Enviro Boston 1700 might work. It has pretty close side trim clearance requirements, but we need full measurements for the mantel trim to verify.