Need stove for 1200-1500sq ft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Impact1784

Dec 7, 2018
Sanford NC
Hey all!

so I had it set that I was going to buy the englander no-13. However after emailing them, they no longer make this due to epa standards not being met.

can you guys give me some recommendation s for a similar stove. I loved that it was only $600 and it heated the space I needed (1200-150 sq ft)

Hey all!

so I had it set that I was going to buy the englander no-13. However after emailing them, they no longer make this due to epa standards not being met.

can you guys give me some recommendation s for a similar stove. I loved that it was only $600 and it heated the space I needed (1200-150 sq ft)
you wouldn't have liked how the newer 13's had major door warpage issues, and the only solution was a hap hazard thick gasket fixed with tons of oozing gasket glue. You dodged a bullet there.

What is the plan for the stove? main heat? supplemental heat? Guessing since you were going to get the Englander, you are looking for a budget heater and not too worried about looks?

It is going to be a main heater. We have a split level and currently have a wood stove that is too big for the space. I am looking for a budget heater with a glass to look at the fire :)

Reactions: Gearhead660
It is going to be a main heater. We have a split level and currently have a wood stove that is too big for the space. I am looking for a budget heater with a glass to look at the fire :)
What is your current stove? Are you looking for overnight burns?

Check out SBI. They have many different brands and sizes to choose from. Good quality, affordable prices. Just bought my third burner built by them, installing this spring.

What model BK? May be tough to find a stove that can burn with a lower output?

I don’t remember the model number… But it was really big for the space how many BTUs theoretically with the stove need to produce to be able to burn throughout the night?

meaning could I get a stove that is meant to heat an 1800 square-foot area and be able to burn for the night or would one that does a lower area be able to do it as well

I don’t remember the model number… But it was really big for the space how many BTUs theoretically with the stove need to produce to be able to burn throughout the night?

meaning could I get a stove that is meant to heat an 1800 square-foot area and be able to burn for the night or would one that does a lower area be able to do it as well

That all depends on how insulated the house is.