Need to order a linteater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
Want to make sure i get the right one for 3" piping The ones im seeing locally are 2 1/2 diameter Is that gonna cut it? or do i need 3" diameter?

If anyone has a link for a deal would be appreciated Its so nice out today i should of been more prepared and bought one already. maybe run to lowes see what they got

So the 4 " isnt to tight? ( smokeshow gonna have fun with this one lol )

oldmountvernon said:

IMHO, The 4" would be way too loose for smoke. Better bring along the 10" for him! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:

IMHO, The 4" would be way too loose for smoke. Better bring along the 10" for him! :cheese:
lmao i gotta get out of here and get something accomplished

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:

lmao i gotta get out of here and get something accomplished

4" is fine...... Gets it done at my house. It is tighter on the 3", but still works. My 3" on the Quad is a Less than Ideal set-up to. Incorporates stove adapter, to a 45° (parallel to wall), then a 90°, then a 2' horizontal. Its all horizontal (direct vent). Its a corner install. Normally you add a 45° then its straight out. Well an outlet was in the way. So the 45° goes the opposite way and a 90° was needed to turn and go out. Not ideal, but it works and the 4" lint-eater goes through all of that. My dryer vent has more turns, but its 4".
Or you can trim it. I did my 1st one (before I had a 4" system). I trimmed the brush head without trying it. When I bought the new system for the 4" was when I tried it on the 3". Now I only use the one. Gave the other to my Dad.

4" works on everything at my crib..

We cant all be Rockstars. ;-P

Def wanna make sure the girth is correct, length is added bonus. :lol:

ya ill get to it tommorow hopefully find some parts around here to attach a leafblower i guess the only thing i need to know is leave the door open, since i have no interest in locating the vacuum hose/switch

Yep... But it shouldnt be hard to find. And blowing through the tube to eject fines is a good practice at least once a season. (Remove from switch and blow towards stove).

But being so new, you could just open the door and be good.

A PVC 4" to 3" reducer works great for the end of the leaf blower. I cut back the vacuum suction tube on the leafblower until the PVC reducer fit well. Then I sealed it with Liquid Nails. On 3" vent, the reducer barely fits over the end (1/2" over). Add some tape and your 100% sealed. On 4" vent the reducer slides just inside the vent. Add some tape and your 100% sealed.

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 302
i have a blower thats missing the suction tube so i have to measure that and hopefully find something that will work. hate to buy another blower just for that reason

oldmountvernon said:
i have a blower thats missing the suction tube so i have to measure that and hopefully find something that will work. hate to buy another blower just for that reason

Get a bigger adapter/reducer to fit over the end (where the suction tube would be mounted). Either a 6"-3" or 5"-3".. Or a 5"-4" and then 4"-3", etc....... The tube isnt necessary if you are a tinkering type of person. Im sure you will figure it out. Coming from a guy with 20 some ton of fuel in his 1ST YEAR!!! :lol: I am sure you will get by...??? ;-P

lol thats why i am now using the 2 ton ++ i still want more so it would look so bad ;) i browse craigslist everyday, found a few but to far to travel. when spring hits people will dump them

I don't the suction tube either.

A pvc adapter, piece of 4" b-vent, duct tape and some redneck engineering, works perfect.

I'll post some pics when I'm back in Wi.

smoke show said:

A pvc adapter, piece of 4" b-vent, duct tape and some redneck engineering, works perfect.

Still in Sunny Florida? ? Where was my invite? ? :cheese:

DexterDay said:
smoke show said:

Still in Sunny Florida? ? Where was my invite? ? :cheese:

pics of her on the beach, or it didnt happen ( or in the jacuzzi)

Sorry boys, We have the kids at disney. No beach pics. :long:

smoke show said:
Sorry boys, We have the kids at disney. No beach pics. :long:

Your on vaca and your coming here? Dude you got it worse than we though! OMV might have made you very ill!!

Take 10 beers and call me in the morning! For good measure a couple of shots can be mixed in!

Status
Not open for further replies.