Negotiable Price of Castile Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMar

Feb 2, 2014
Boston, MA
Brand new to all this and starting to look at getting a Quadra-Fire Castile Insert

I haven't gotten into the exact price, but do dealers negotiate or is the price pretty set in stone?

Thanks

-I do see that there is a $200 coupon right now from the website

Most dealers won't negotiate since there are promotions on the stove. You can probably haggle add ons and install price if it compares with a competitor though.

Depends on how cold your butt is and how long winter is going to be. With heating fuel hitting record highs the biggest ? may be how soon can you get it installed.

Reactions: Ctcarl
We are just going to put down a deposit sometime in the next month or so and buy for next year, so have some negotiating time. But also don't want to miss out on the $200 coupon if the price doesn't change.

Good idea on negotiating on some of the add-on's and such, and they are going to install it, so possibly a deal on that too

Most dealers have the best pricing in the spring so keep an eye out for sales.

Most dealers have the best pricing in the spring so keep an eye out for sales.
Unless the demand is very high. Visited four dealers last week and no stoves on hand in our area. Even China Stoves at box store were gone.

Unless the demand is very high. Visited four dealers last week and no stoves on hand in our area. Even China Stoves at box store were gone.

Yeah, local place said they are backordered on like everything for weeks! (Which is fine for me since we're shopping for next year)

Yeah, local place said they are backordered on like everything for weeks! (Which is fine for me since we're shopping for next year)
I did install inspections during a hard time of high heating fuel prices and if the propain price does not get lowered quickly the supply of stoves may not improve.

Here in connective I offered to go to my bank and pay cash. First guy was a jerk says g he could care less second place took off extra $50 not much. However there install was $850 compared the the first guy being $1250.for me I would be willing to pay a few hundred more if I know the tech is good and I will get good customer service. It's like a snowblower I thought i would get a deal In Summer that wasn't the case.Happy hunting:)

Check internet to find comments on dealers you are checking out. Ask for references to check out installs. Word of mouth will get around if a dealer is unreliable on warranty.

Good luck and keep us posted. Pics when you get an install;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.