New Allure 50 question

ridgeracing

Dec 6, 2017
PA
Stove operates fine except when it reaches set room temp and idles down i believe it feeds to much pellets. It just looks like a little to much pellets at idle position when it has reached room temp. On room temp mode I only see feed rate and I believe that's while calling for heat. Is there an idle adjustment, maybe in a more advanced dealer mode? Going through 1 1/2 bags in 24hrs and rarely calling for heat. This was at 30-40deg. Outside. (1300sq ft 2 story cabin upper NY)
* Haven't ran it in consistently cold temps 0-20deg. To see performance/fuel consumption yet

Last edited:

Washed-Up

Feeling the Heat
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Have you tried a few different brands of pellets? Softwoods give off the most heat and least ash and may help

rich2500

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Berks County PA.
The stove is doing what it needs to do to maintain the set temp, yes you can get in with the password and change feed rate but I have tried it and don't notice a difference in room temp, on constant burn it does change the feed but then that is how you adjust the temp instead of with a set temp.

Reactions: Ssyko

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
The stove is doing what it needs to do to maintain the set temp, yes you can get in with the password and change feed rate but I have tried it and don't notice a difference in room temp,.
That does not change the room temperature but would that save on pellets?

rich2500

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Berks County PA.
That does not change the room temperature but would that save on pellets?
Honestly Don I haven't really tried it long enough to say how much of a savings would be if any because my house gets to hot running the stove on constant burn and that's with the feed turned all the way down to 1 the lowest it goes and the room blower turned all the way down.

Last edited:

rich2500

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Berks County PA.
My Allure runs 24/7 heating just shy of 1300 sq. ft well insulated but single story and I'm averaging right around a bag a day right now with the temp set at 73 from 4 : 30 until 9: 00 pm then 72 until 5: 00 am then back to 73 until 7:30 then 70 all day so the OP's use seems pretty normal to me.