New bar and chain

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
I have a 20” and 24” bar for my 460 but with a lot of cutting blowdowns looming, and a huge ash that came down a month prior I decided to get myself a Fathers Day treat. 28” Forester platinum bar and 2 full chisel skip chains for $120 I think that’s a pretty good deal. Might get to try it out this week. Made in PA too
F5B12243-633C-404E-8100-A5D801C71198.jpeg

Reactions: JimBear

JimBear

Feeling the Heat
Dec 15, 2017
Iowa
Those Forester bars are a solid heavy bar. I have a 24” that I use when I mill. I think if I remember correctly it weighs a bit more than my 24” GB bars. I was unaware that they were made in PA.

Reactions: D8Chumley

DodgyNomad

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
West Michigan
Good variety, cheaper than owning 2 extra saws

Reactions: D8Chumley

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
Chainsaws can be addicting can't they? Nice looking bar, I'm sure that'll tackle the big boys for you.
Chainsaws can be addicting.. as a matter of fact.. The whole burning wood thing is.. never in my life would I have thought I'd have 3 woodsheds, 4 saws, 2 splitters, 12 cords of wood, 5 cord of log lenth, and a bobcat sitting on my property.. let alone teaching my neighbor how to make a solar kiln.. its like I'm obsessed.. or something..

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
Chainsaws can be addicting can't they? Nice looking bar, I'm sure that'll tackle the big boys for you.
Oh yeah they can! I’m anxious to give the new bar a test run but with working 6 days a week and it being swampass hot I’ll wait until it cools down some. Those trees will be there when I get time to cut them up