New Blaze King Sirocco And Chinook 20 Info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd said:
https://www.blazeking.com/EN/wood-stoves.html

Looks like they updated their web site and have the 2 new 1.8 cu ft cat stoves. Click on the brochure for more info. I like the looks of the Sirocco and it looks to be a N/S loader with 20 hour low burns.

https://www.blazeking.com/EN/wood-sirocco.html

The Sirocco has some possibilities. Looks very much like a traditional steel stove. Throw some legs on that thing and it would look even better.

markinpdx said:
The brochure shows the Sirocco with the leg option; looks decent!

The brochure keeps crashing my Adobe Acrobat.

Edit: Finally got it.

Wow, BK made a stove that isn't ugly

cmonSTART said:
kingquad said:

Pfft! Blasphemy!

Actually, I really like the look of the Sirocco. I bet those will be popular.

Hope they come out with a Princess-sized firebox. A 2.8 cu ft stove in that design would sell well, I would think.

BrowningBAR said:
cmonSTART said:
kingquad said:

Pfft! Blasphemy!

Hope they come out with a Princess-sized firebox. A 2.8 cu ft stove in that design would sell well, I would think.

Sirocco '20' might imply that. Like to see a '40' as well...

jeff_t said:
BrowningBAR said:
cmonSTART said:
kingquad said:

Pfft! Blasphemy!

Sirocco '20' might imply that. Like to see a '40' as well...

I wonder if the new traditional design is cheaper to manufacture? If they could get a Sirocco 2.8 cu ft firebox delivered to the Northeast for under 3 grand, that would be a hell of a product.

Todd, let us know how the Sirocco works out for you! :lol:

Looks like it also has a good rear clearance and only require ember protection for the hearth. Sounds like it could be a winner if it burns like the other stoves!

The Sirocco has some possibilities. Looks very much like a traditional steel stove. Throw some legs on that thing and it would look even better.

If they could just design it in a package that looks like a Jotul FB 600 or a VC Defiant with the gothic windows

rdust said:
Todd, let us know how the Sirocco works out for you! :lol:

Looks like it also has a good rear clearance and only require ember protection for the hearth. Sounds like it could be a winner if it burns like the other stoves!

Lol, it is tempting but so is the new Woodstock. I'm really doing just fine with what I got. Your going to have to twist my arm a little harder.

Todd said:
Lol, it is tempting but so is the new Woodstock. I'm really doing just fine with what I got. Your going to have to twist my arm a little harder.

You know the new WS stove is much too big for your 2 stove house! I'm sure the new BK is a much better fit. :lol:

SmokeyCity said:
If they could just design it in a package that looks like a Jotul FB 600 or a VC Defiant with the gothic windows

It's hard to make everyone happy! I personally would be turned off if it was designed like that. As they say different strokes for different folks!

rdust said:
Todd said:

You know the new WS stove is much too big for your 2 stove house! I'm sure the new BK is a much better fit. :lol:

You may be right about that. A huge 700 lb stove would look out of place in my small downstairs family room. The Sirocco probably would be a better fit and I'd love to try out that alien technology but I have too many other expensive projects coming up that the wife says have priority over a new stove.

So has anyone else been puzzled by the picture of the Sirocco with legs in the brochure? It looks to me like there is something hanging down from the ash pan all the way down to the floor, which doesn't make sense. Is it a shadow? (Low res photo?) Or what?
Cuz otherwise I really prefer the look of the legs (call me old fashioned . . .) ;)

Anyone notice the efficiencies? I just realized the Chinook 30 is only 76%... I thought it was on par with the king/queen. Emissions are still the lowest though. The new stoves are 86% efficient, both of them.

It appears the low burn will be the same output as the 30 though.
The firebox is 2/3 the size, and the burn time is 2/3 the duration. So It appears to be more or less the same thing just a smaller package. Perhaps they all share the same T-stat as well, because the temperature outputs are all the same. I find it weird that the heat output of a larger stove is equal to that of one 2/3 the size.
Look how small the hearth is on the Sirocco... It's absolutely tiny. Probably ember protection only like the other stoves.

markinpdx said:
So has anyone else been puzzled by the picture of the Sirocco with legs in the brochure? It looks to me like there is something hanging down from the ash pan all the way down to the floor, which doesn't make sense. Is it a shadow? (Low res photo?) Or what?
Cuz otherwise I really prefer the look of the legs (call me old fashioned . . .) ;)

I threw the photo into Photoshop. It's not a shadow. I can't tell what it is, but it is an object and not a shadow.

markinpdx said:
So an object down to the floor/tiles? What do you think?

Tough to say. Could be unrelated to the stove.

Attachments

• siricco20.jpg
    siricco20.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 817
BrowningBAR said:

Maybe outside air? Other than that I have no guesses....

rdust said:
BrowningBAR said:

Seems doubtful that would be the case for a photo shoot. Hell, half the time with photo shoots the leave out the damn pipe (I'm looking at your Hearthstone).

BrowningBAR said:
rdust said:
BrowningBAR said:

Seems doubtful that would be the case for a photo shoot. Hell, half the time with photo shoots the leave out the dame pipe (I'm looking at your Hearthstone).

Jotul is guilty of this too. I never really like the imposed fire shots either.

I can take the more industrial look of the BKs. But i too would like to see a princess sized box wraped in something cast iron. Nothing wrong with steel, just why not jazz one model up a bit?

I think the handles on the chinook look a bit cheap a chincy. Just a bent rod, long too. Seems not much effort was put into it.

Stump_Branch said:
BrowningBAR said:
rdust said:
BrowningBAR said:

Seems doubtful that would be the case for a photo shoot. Hell, half the time with photo shoots the leave out the dame pipe (I'm looking at your Hearthstone).

Jotul is guilty of this too. I never really like the imposed fire shots either.

I can take the more industrial look of the BKs. But i too would like to see a princess sized box wraped in something cast iron. Nothing wrong with steel, just why not jazz one model up a bit?

I think the handles on the chinook look a bit cheap a chincy. Just a bent rod, long too. Seems not much effort was put into it.

Well, the Sirocco is a good direction as it looks a lot like a Pacific Energy Summit design. And you can see how nice a Summit can look when it has its T6 clothes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.