New board CB. Factory reset 25-PDVC. A,b,c,d.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BK the man

Jan 27, 2022
Nova Scotia
New board. Factory reset 25-PDVC. A,b,c,d. I was told to set this to d. I set it to d but when i check it out through the procedure it is back to A. Why? Am I doing something wrong? The factory setting of 6.3.1 sends to much wood fuel to hopper and had to reduce to 5.3.1
A power bump took out the old board, so ordered a new one.

D is the setting you are looking for. I have the same stove and run in d mode my bottom three are factory 6-4-1 only run at that when it is really cold like the last couple of nights here in ns. I can get 36 hours out of a bag when i run it at 3-4-1 heat setting 2

Reactions: BK the man
Might be that you running the procedure to check is resetting it? I seem there was a thread on here about that a few years ago. I'd set it then run it and see if it still uses too many pellets.

Eric

Reactions: BK the man
Checked the setting again and it is on A again. Reset to d. The other settings are now on 5.4.1 and works good on range 2.
Checked setting, back to A.??? Can't figure this out.
New board total cost was $333.00 cad. Asked Englander for schematic, to fault find old board, but they said it's not available.
Found open primary on transformer, ordered a new one on line $7.00 . I now have a working spare.

20220122_123157-COLLAGE.jpg

Reactions: ericofmaine