New Castine owner! Now to hook it up...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skier76 said:
Skier....you dumb___! Why would you attempt to haul that yourself? The closest Jotul dealer in Tax Free NH doesn't cross into VT for deliveries.

Here's some of the move. Luckily, the monsoon ended shortly after we got to the stove store. I took a pic of it on the trailer while my wife ran into the grocery store. At the house, hooked it up to the ATV...and then hauled it to the backyard and tarped it again for the night.

Luckily, we didn't have too far to go. We supported the trailer, then moved the stove off of that right onto my Crafsman ATV jack. We used that to wheel it to the door, then managed to heave/musle it into the threshold. We were able to slide it across the floor...then one last heave onto the hearth. Holy ____ that thing weights 10x more than it looks like it should. My good buddy came to help me...not a one person job!

When I moved the Oslo into my house I had my brother, father and a couple of friends come over . . . we didn't end up needing everyone, but it was definitely easier to have more hands on hand.

By the way . . . is that a Grizzly?

After seeing your pictures, I'm even a little more concerned about draft issues with that stove. You're going to have to come out of the stove and almost go directly into an elbow. Typically you want a few feet of vertical rise coming out of the stove to help promote good draft. You still might be okay, but I'll bet you're going to get some smoke in the house while loading from time to time.

I still think you'd be better off with the Oslo, but opinions are like AH, everyone has one...

Thats a 2003 Wolverine. It's been a great machine. Nice mix of sport and utility. I wouldn't mind a newer big bore with IRS though...

Wet1...no problem! I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes...good bad or indifferent.

Skier76 said:
Thats a 2003 Wolverine. It's been a great machine. Nice mix of sport and utility. I wouldn't mind a newer big bore with IRS though...

Wet1...no problem! I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes...good bad or indifferent.

Ah . . . but then again don't we all want bigger and newer toys? :) ;) Good luck with the stove . . . I like the hearth.

My toy list a mile long....newer quad...a snowmobile.....it's never ending.

I just slid a few 2x10 pieces under the stove/ashpan and then moved mine with a hand truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.