New Construction 18 ft ceiling; Heat n glo 8000 or Ambiance Intrigue or other suggested

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ynotwood

Oct 26, 2007
SE MA
Building a new mountain home in western NC with 18ft ceiling in a 18x20ft great room open to kitchen/dining with 14ft ceiling. Going with a gas fireplace this time. Like the looks of the Heat n glo 8000 or Ambiance Intrigue. Both are 42inch. Seen that Ambiance is a brand of Kozy Heat. Cannot find much online for ratings or comparisons of these two fireplaces. Both have about same BTU (40,000), Ambiance claims a little better efficiency.
Any suggestions or opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Building a new mountain home in western NC with 18ft ceiling in a 18x20ft great room open to kitchen/dining with 14ft ceiling. Going with a gas fireplace this time. Like the looks of the Heat n glo 8000 or Ambiance Intrigue. Both are 42inch. Seen that Ambiance is a brand of Kozy Heat. Cannot find much online for ratings or comparisons of these two fireplaces. Both have about same BTU (40,000), Ambiance claims a little better efficiency.
Any suggestions or opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.
I only have personal experience with the HeatnGlo 8000CLX.
It is a good choice.

The 8000CLX is a good choice. I don't have experience with Ambiance but I do have experience with Kozy Heat branded fireplaces and they are a good choice as well. They are pricier but Mendota is a heck of a product. They are definitely made to heat. We just got set up as a dealer in east TN. I really like their products. We supply Heat N Glo as well and you can't go wrong with them either.