new construction - wood stove location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I store a few weeks of wood on a 6' X 20" side covered deck. I made small heavy duty pallets out of 2" X 6" to protect the deck floor. These go along the outside railing, for 1 row of wood. This year I found a brown tarp 4' X 20', that I tied to the inside of the railing. It really helped with the snow blowing in. For the little snow we got in the east this year.

Not wood stove related but make sure you can get a mattress up the stairs. It looks tight.
I'm thinking we'll get a split-king (i.e. two twins)
I remember getting a king upstairs in the old house; it was a dicey proposition that involved partially folding the mattress to stuff it up the stairwell

I'm thinking we'll get a split-king (i.e. two twins)
I remember getting a king upstairs in the old house; it was a dicey proposition that involved partially folding the mattress to stuff it up the stairwell
Foam mattress are nice and come in a small box