New Drolet spark 2 installed!

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tsimms

Member
Feb 26, 2021
42
New York
Hello,
I just finished installing my new Drolet. I love it but I have some questions about the duravent DVL to allfuel connection.
I used the all fuel through the wall class A kit and duravent Dvl interior pipe.
The pipe setup seems really great except for the dvl to class A connection. There's no way to use self tapping screws without piercing the inner pipe.
I'm not to crazy about this connection. I'm sure im not the first guy to run into this. Anyone have a good method to secure this?
I'll post pictures so you can see what I'm connecting and how.
Thank you
[Hearth.com] New Drolet spark 2 installed!
[Hearth.com] New Drolet spark 2 installed!
 

Attachments

  • [Hearth.com] New Drolet spark 2 installed!
    IMG_20260916_160108.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 35
  • [Hearth.com] New Drolet spark 2 installed!
    IMG_20260916_160111.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 25
  • [Hearth.com] New Drolet spark 2 installed!
    IMG_20260916_160103.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 31
I just went through a very similar situation but I was dealing with Duravent DVL transitioning into a Duravent Duratech (Class A) support box -- basically the same situation as yours. The connection was sloppy, which turned out to be a flaw in the original design of the box. They provided a free "collar" (or ring) that nestled down into the DVL pipe to make for a tighter fit. However, you still had to run 3 screws through the existing holes in the DVL, through the collar and through the inner wall of the class A flue extension in the support box.

I balked at this, but had 2 conversations with Duravent support (2 different reps) and was assured that yes, despite all of the warnings to the contrary, it was OK to penetrate the inner wall at this one and only location. I pushed back on this but was again told it was OK and necessary to make a wiggle-free transition.

So... keep the screws to the shortest length possible and pre-drill to avoid crimping the the inner wall.
 
  • Like
Reactions: begreen
Here's my solution for securing the all fuel class A pipe to duravent dvl.
I made little brackets that I riveted to the allfuel clamp. I will attach these brackets to the duravent dvl pipe through the outer wall with screws.
I didn't like leaving this unsecured and I didn't care for allfuels ideas about it. So here's what I made. Seems pretty solid .
 

Attachments

  • [Hearth.com] New Drolet spark 2 installed!
    IMG_20261001_143305.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 22
  • [Hearth.com] New Drolet spark 2 installed!
    IMG_20261001_143259.webp
    84.8 KB · Views: 26
Isn't there a stove adaptor section to transition from stove chimney connector pipe to class A? Thought there was for all class A chimneys. They are normally for single wall pipe but thought the double wall would work with them as well. Edit: That is a nice looking install too..
that stove looks right at home.
 
Isn't there a stove adaptor section to transition from stove chimney connector pipe to class A? Thought there was for all class A chimneys. They are normally for single wall pipe but thought the double wall would work with them as well. Edit: That is a nice looking install too..
that stove looks right at home.
Yes, i have that connected. The problem was the only way to fasten the adapter and dvl was to pierce the inner dvl pipe with a screw. I just didn't like that. I didn't want to leave it not fastened . Now with these brackets I made i can secure them together only screwing through the outside wall. And it's sturdy.
Piece of mind
Thank you for the compliment on the install. I love my stove!
 
Excellent! That looks nice and cozy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tsimms