New England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 Won't shut down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

1lowcab

Oct 10, 2022
Ohio
I have a New England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 with a build date of 12/04 that just all of a sudden won't shut down.
I bought it used about 4 months ago, I went through the whole thing and replaced all the gaskets, detail cleaned the whole insides fans included, replaced all the vacuum lines, checked all the vacuum switches and oil/greased everything.

It is a new install with all new piping, it is in my workshop and I have ran it a total of probably 3 weekends with zero problems. Puts out great heat and ran like a new unit and has always shut down fine.

The last time I was in my shop I shut it down like normal and left the shop before it had totally turned off. I was sick for about 2 weeks so I hadn't been in my shop for a few weekends, well today I went in there and the stove is running. The room blower is on, the exhaust fan is on and the bottom auger is on.

I've tried unplugging it for hours on end, as soon as I plug it in the 2 fans kick on and the auger starts. If I press the off button is says SD on the screen (shut down) but it never shuts down. I've let it run for over 2 hours with SD on the screen and it just runs and runs.

Sorry for the long post but I don't know what to do next. HELP!!! lol

Well, I replaced the heat sensor and that wasn't it, it still won't shut off.
I guess its the control board.....really don't want to spend $500 on a control board for this thing.

Well, I got a pre order on a new control board from Englander, $365 shipped. They are on backorder with an anticipated ship date of 1/30.23.
That puts me right at $600 that I'm into this stove, thats with the used purchase price, a seal kit, a heat sensor and that new board.
I guess if that fixes the problem I'm still not doing too bad.