New Englander Air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Low Burn Air button only affects the stove when you're running it on low. If you're running the stove on low then you can slow down the ash buildup by adjusting the Low Fuel Feed and the Low Burn Air buttons. The LFF lower and the LBA higher seems to help mine burn cleaner with the pellets I'm using, but your settings may need to be different. Certain brands of pellets are just very messy and there's nothing you can do about it.

Default settings are actually 6-4-1. I run mine on 5-5-1. It works with my stove. I've tried other settings like 4-5-1 and 4-6-1 and I get a sooty burn.

rap69ri said:
The Low Burn Air button only affects the stove when you're running it on low. If you're running the stove on low then you can slow down the ash buildup by adjusting the Low Fuel Feed and the Low Burn Air buttons. The LFF lower and the LBA higher seems to help mine burn cleaner with the pellets I'm using, but your settings may need to be different. Certain brands of pellets are just very messy and there's nothing you can do about it.

Acording to the tech from Englander this is not true. These settings are a base line for the computer, and follow through all heat settings.

The left button adjusts how many pellets are being dumped into the burn pot. My stove was using excesive amont of pellets and leaving lots of klinks so they had me adjust mine to a lower setting.

The middle button adjusts how much air is being pulled through the burn pot. Too low a number, a lazy fire. Too high a number, the fire burns too quickly.

The right button sets the temp at wich the room blower comes on. I was told to leave it set on 1.

If you search the forum you'll see posts from Mike Holton, the Englander Tech Support Manager, saying what I said. You can believe what you'd like though :)

It seems to me that you are both saying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.