New Fireplace Shipping Delays?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

longislandcamper

Nov 20, 2021
Long Island
Ordered a fpx medium flush wood about a month ago with an installation date of mid January. So that’s about 2 months from order until installation.

Just wondering if that sounds like a real time frame with all the delays and shortages going on these days.

You have 2 factors at play. Shipping times, and then installers schedule. This time of year, installers are normally booked out for a while.

Take the time to dry your wood more.

My Lopi large flush was 4 months. I’m expecting it at the end of January. Lopi and FPX are the same. Travis industries is really backlogged right now.
Almost all are. For some, dealer inventories are exhausted and won't be replenished until late winter or spring.

No idea on stoves but I know on industrial stuff I have customers waiting 6-8 weeks on stuff that in the past was always 1-2 days......

Just an update. Ordered in mid November with a 1/15 install date. About 1.5 weeks before install the dealer said it’s not in yet and they’re not even sure when it’s coming in. :-(

I ordered my Green Mountain 80 in the beginning of October and just got it January 8th. It arrived at the dealer on the 7th. They first told me Dec 15th. Then told me it was pushed back till Feb 15th at the beginning of Dec. Then called me on Jan 7th and said a truck showed up with my stove.

Saw the local dealer pop up on my phone two days ago and I had mixed emotions. Well, it was my lucky day!

They told me my unit had arrived and we scheduled an install date for Tuesday.

So all in all, about a month later than the original install date and about 3 months from order to install.

I ordered my Hearthstone WFP-75 in Nov. They originally said they thought Feb it would be in. It has now moved to a March arrival date (and won't be the LEAST bit surprised if that turns to April, and so on). And this isn't even taking into account the installer's schedule. I've already figured on not burning wood this year, so mentally I'm at the point of "whatever". I just figured its more time for the wood to season and be super ready for next winter.

Saw the local dealer pop up on my phone two days ago and I had mixed emotions. Well, it was my lucky day!

They told me my unit had arrived and we scheduled an install date for Tuesday.

So all in all, about a month later than the original install date and about 3 months from order to install.
My lopi came in last Friday and I installed it that Saturday. Glad yours has made it in also!

I have you all beat! Ordered my Hearthstone GM60 back in first week of August 2021 and dealer called me beginning of Feburary 2022 to schedule an install date. This is my first post, been reading lots of good threads here thanks for all the great information.