New GARN Video on YouTube!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video is well done, but it is long on emotion and sales oriented appeal and short on technical and operational detail. Of the nearly 10 minutes of video, there is probably less than a minute of "tech" imagery. It is not something most Hearth.com Boiler Room dwellers will get much out of.

The guys at TWH are working on other videos about the GARN. I may "help out" with one, too. ;-)

It at least gives a professionally prepared, baseline point of view of GARN ownership that Dectra has to this point been unable or unwilling to produce themselves. For that I give credit to Dave P and Derrick at TWH.

I am a happy customer of TWH and GARN, not a shill.

Thanks for the input guys. It was cool to come across this video here on Hearth.

I am well aware of the lack of technical information in the video. This is just the first in a series of videos that will cover different aspects of the Garn. This video is designed for non technical people who are just want to know what the end result is and what other Garn owners think of their system. It's geared for people who don't know anything about wood heating systems. All of you hydronic super geniuses are the exception for many of the people interested in buying a Garn. But rest assured the technical product design, manufacturing and use video will be coming. We're hoping a lot of it will be straight from Martin the designer of the Garn. We'll be visiting the factory and show what goes into building a Garn. That should help make you Hearth.com guys happy!

ThisWarmHouse said:
Thanks for the input guys. It was cool to come across this video here on Hearth.

All of you hydronic super geniuses are the exception for many of the people interested in buying a Garn. But rest assured the technical product design, manufacturing and use video will be coming. We're hoping a lot of it will be straight from Martin the designer of the Garn. We'll be visiting the factory and show what goes into building a Garn. That should help make you Hearth.com guys happy!

Cool! How it's made goes to Dectra! I look forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.