New gasket...or...?? BKK question-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Checked the door gasket, all good except for the lower right corner. That area did not pass the dollar-bill test. I'm thinking of a new gasket and loosening up the tension on the latch enough to seal but not have to crank it into position. OR,- has the door frame warped enough I need to think about straightening it? I'm not aware of that being a problem with these doors but , who know's? Input? Thanks, JB.

I highly doubt it's warped! Unless the gasket is a month old, I'd put money on it being the problem.

webby3650, I plan on replacing the gasket because of this, but.. I'm wondering about the latch. The latch "cam's" the door closed, and I have a substantial amount of wear on the contact areas on the latch/cam. Over time, I can see this becoming the cause as the contact points might cause the door to effect a "twist" when shut. Especially on the far side from the hinge points. - anyone else see this on their doors? Thanks, JB

Status
Not open for further replies.