New Girlfriend: "I want to know how to put wood in this thing!"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like a bunch of Jr. High virtual reality junkies.
"Step away from the Computer".....please.
Past quote from Msr. Downeast: " Since when is heatingwith wood macho ? "

That New Girlfriend has fantasies. Don’t let her down.

Wedding is scheduled for Feb. 14, 2008!

We're doing well. Very busy. Burning is a family affair!

All the best,
Mike P

Eric Johnson said:
If you ever get into a domestic situation where she's concerned about your utility bills (hint, hint), she should be even more interested in the stove. In my experience, no gas bill, smaller electric bill, a warm house and unlimited hot water makes for a happy spouse, more than willing to shoulder some of the workload.
That one workd for me!

zzr7ky said:
Wedding is scheduled for Feb. 14, 2008!

Wow! Just noticed you started this thread just before *last* Valentine's day... and I assume you mean "scheduled for Feb 14 2009". Guess the wood-burning lessons (and a whole lot else besides) went well... congratulations and good luck!

Eddy

YES !!

Wedding is scheduled for February 14, 2009! I'm very blessed to have a willing and practical partner.

ATB,
Mike P

My wife and I share the wood burning experience all the way through. I run the saw, she and the kids load the truck, When we get home everybody helps run the splitter and stack the wood. In the days before the splitter we took turns splitting with a maul. (I even got her her own splitting maul! :) Mine was a bit to heavy for her) She loads in the morning, I load at night. She doesn't load as heavy as I do, but that is because I load it for overnight heating, and stuff as much wood in that little stove as I can. The Tribute is just right for our home, Maybe a bit small when it gets down to single digits and below, but still it does the job.

Anyway my wife and I share the wood duties, as it should be. She is my life partner, not just my wife. :cheese: We share most aspects of our life as evenly as possible. She even shoots, field dresses, drags to the truck, skins, bones, and butchers, her own deer! :coolgrin: I need to really watch the wind, or she will out shoot me shooting bench rest too! She truly is a one in a million woman, I am a very lucky man.

Now that she's committed (and not just involved) she'll be able to help you saw, split, and stack the wood...

Like my wife says..."feeding the boiler a few sticks isn't bad...it's the nine previous times I have handled these same pieces that gets to me..."

Just to make sure she's on board I'd buy her a real nice pair of work gloves as a wedding gift then wait for her reaction. Then you'll know immediately how much she likes working with wood...

My wife loves to have the fire going. She's even surprised me by starting a fire in it herself. She's smart, however, and gets me to do the manual labor on this count.

I enjoy processing wood, and she does some other chores that I'm not fond of (somewhat traditional division of labor- though I cook a fair bit, and wash dishes 1/2 the time). We both claim to get the better part of the deal :)

Some Like It Hot said:
He needed a ride to the emergency room. So I had to change and .....

I know this was an old post, but looks like no one caught it.

You gotta' love a woman's reaction to the words "I need a ride to the emergency room":)

"I'M ON MY WAY...just as soon as I change into something that shows off my hips."

Status
Not open for further replies.