New guy from ohio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Freak! Nice wood pile and cool toys, well except for the mustang! Lol. .......I'm a chevy guy and here's a pic of my 3rd one!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356912958806.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356912958806.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: Freakingstang
Welcome aboard Freakingstang, its a friendly group here, there are several of us from NE Ohio.

Welcome Freak! Nice wood pile and cool toys, well except for the mustang! Lol. .......I'm a chevy guy and here's a pic of my 3rd one!

i'm a chevy truck guy and a mustang nut... nothing wrong with chevy;s at all... i'd hate to tell you that I dream of doing an LS swap into one of my 5.Liter mustangs....

Welcome. Nice work on the wood supply and the stove.

Welcome to the forum Steve! Great job restoring the Lopi and cool toys!

Ray

howdy neighbor, i'm in berlin center

You're just about 10 minutes from me, I'm a couple miles north of Deerfield Circle off 225, built out here in "84". I'm an OLD Mopar guy (wouldn't touch the new ones) at heart, dad had a 69 Super Bee, best friend had a Road Runner. Did have my friends Mach I parked on the side of the garage in storage up till this spring. My Boston Whaler project boat was more important though, I needed room for it, so I made him get that "stang" out of here. Only Ford I ever owned is in the drive, a 2000 E-150 Conversion Van! Toyotas rule here!

You're just about 10 minutes from me, I'm a couple miles north of Deerfield Circle off 225, built out here in "84". I'm an OLD Mopar guy (wouldn't touch the new ones) at heart, dad had a 69 Super Bee, best friend had a Road Runner. Did have my friends Mach I parked on the side of the garage in storage up till this spring. My Boston Whaler project boat was more important though, I needed room for it, so I made him get that "stang" out of here. Only Ford I ever owned is in the drive, a 2000 E-150 Conversion Van! Toyotas rule here!

Anything old is cool... My company truck in a hemi 2500... what a piece of crap and it only has 20K miles on it. I'm brand new out this ways, I know where diamond is. i'm from the wooster area originally and i have worked in Tallmadge the last 10 years. I bought the place for the garage, seriously.

I'm always down to shooting some bull, drinkin a couple beers and running saws, so if you ever need a hand, let me know. I've got quite a bit of felling experience and always looking for cutting buddies and places to cut.

Reactions: Boog
This was some of my saw collection at one point.....I was up to 50-60 at one point... got into modifying them and then runing them at local events. i'm starting to get back in reality and only have 10-12 these days.

saws1.jpg

This was some of my saw collection at one point.....I was up to 50-60 at one point... got into modifying them and then runing them at local events. i'm starting to get back in reality and only have 10-12 these days.
OMG that is amazing lol

how do I become a member of the firewood hoarder's club?

everyone needs at least one 120+ cc saw and a 48" bar!

9FECC8BD-FDA8-4F54-A972-956F7AB1783D-5073-0000073F1385FDDB.jpg

Talk about a glory shot......

Been dreaming of taking a '67-68 stang and doing a 5.0HO swap with a 6 speed. Mmm Hmm. Wife says keep dreaming.

Get the car...i'll walk you through the installation and wiring. I did my first HO conversion at 17-1/2. i've done 8 more since for customers. the 5 speed would be fine, the six speed isn't needed and isn't worth the 2K dollar upgrade over a quality T5, 3550 or TKO. in all that mess of wiring, it only needs 7 wires to run. Something about getting 22-24mpg with a 5 speed and 3.91 gears and being able to run 13.0's in the 1/4 is impressive to me. When I did my conversions there weren't wiring kits out there, nowadays there are wiring kits everywhere. you really can do it for cheap...a salvaged 5.0 is the best start for source of the engine, trans, wiring, and fuel injection components.

Reactions: MasterMech
Get the car...i'll walk you through the installation and wiring. I did my first HO conversion at 17-1/2. i've done 8 more since for customers. the 5 speed would be fine, the six speed isn't needed and isn't worth the 2K dollar upgrade over a quality T5, 3550 or TKO. in all that mess of wiring, it only needs 7 wires to run. Something about getting 22-24mpg with a 5 speed and 3.91 gears and being able to run 13.0's in the 1/4 is impressive to me. When I did my conversions there weren't wiring kits out there, nowadays there are wiring kits everywhere. you really can do it for cheap...a salvaged 5.0 is the best start for source of the engine, trans, wiring, and fuel injection components.

and 5.0's are like fleas on a dog's back around here. Clean 60's stangs? Not so much. May have to travel for that one.

EDIT: Also stood behind a black cobra 'vert like yours, making 496 RWHP on a Mustang dyno. Really wild watching that car do 1/4 mile pulls on that dyno. Makes the hair on my arm stand up. Car was really annoying the chit outta the guy that just bought a Mamba edition Viper. Half the $$ and it was showing him up on the dyno big time. ;lol

Turn it into a car thread and it's goin' straight into the Inglenook or maybe even oblivion.

and 5.0's are like fleas on a dog's back around here. Clean 60's stangs? Not so much. May have to travel for that one.

Mine started life as a 6cyl automatic. Floors and frame rails were rotted. underneath is new. working on the 1/4 panels now. this is the last pic of it from the move last fall. I paid 700 bucks for it and drove it home back in 96-97. its had 3-4 motor combinations and i got sick of halfassing it back together, so this time it is getting done right.

88952e7c.jpg

94c358ec.jpg

I restored this one for my brother. It was done back in 99 or 2000 for his graduation in 01. it was a 6cyl 3 spd manual and now has a nicely warmed over 302 4v, headers, cam, holley and a nice automatic with a shift kit. it chips the tires everytime it shifts, even in town not getting on it.

ed071c68.jpg

Turn it into a car thread and it's goin' straight into the Inglenook or maybe even oblivion.

ok done with the cars, back to wood stove inserts. Hoping to get it installed this coming week. I am picking up some triple wall SS 6" pipe off of CL tomorrow for cheap. going to need a 3 or 4 foot section to finish it off.

Nice...very nice. My 90' notch ran nice and was all stealth - very plain looking.
Ran 11.7 at 124mph in the 1320 - that was back in 1994 (fast at the time). The ET was me driving as my friends say very easy.
Now my close friends run > 800HP stangs - as daily street drivers.
Since I was only pushing about 500HP the HP levels they run nowadays are way up there.
I once gave my buddy a ride...he was so blown away...he ended up buying two stangs.
One of them later ran 8.60@162 in 2002 (Renegade Class).
And to think now I just like tending a good wood or coal fire.

Reactions: raybonz
Nice...very nice. My 90' notch ran nice and was all stealth - very plain looking.
Ran 11.7 at 124mph in the 1320 - that was back in 1994 (fast at the time). The ET was me driving as my friends say very easy.
Now my close friends run > 800HP stangs - as daily street drivers.
Since I was only pushing about 500HP the HP levels they run nowadays are way up there.
I once gave my buddy a ride...he was so blown away...he ended up buying two stangs.
One of them later ran 8.60@162 in 2002 (Renegade Class).
And to think now I just like tending a good wood or coal fire.

Nice. I remember 13.0's being fast back in 98'. I remember breaking everything on my 89 notch mulitple times trying to get an 11.99 timeslip out of it. it was a consistent 12.10 car (290rwhp/330rwtq) out of all cast iron GT-40 heads back then....ran factory stock with that one and couldn't compete with the guys haveing 10K in their 11.50 FS combos....

My cobra is slow by todays standards. It still has enough power to kill you or put you in jail. I would love to upgrade the blower, make 750-800 hp like some of my buddies do. but I've got too many irons in the fire. i'm putting my 86 together to hopefully run a 10.50 class next year (this year now). its amazing how owning my own home has changed my priorities....

I'm diggin the red one pictured above. I would love to get one and build it up...maybe when my boys get a little older it would be a good project to teach them how to spin the wrenches. I don't have the skills to make it that pretty though.

A buddy of mine has a terminator. I will never ever get tired of the sound it makes rowing through the gears. Its bone stock but plenty fast to scare you, kill you, or get a free ride to jail...or maybe all three.

this sound? makes 474 rear wheel hp, 495 rear wheel tq. all the bolt ons with no serious mods. making 14.5 lbs of boost. It is 100% stree car and has gone 11.60's on thos 18" bfg street tires. it also tips the scales at 4060 lbs with me, 1/2 tank of fuel and those heavy forged wheels. You might have to click picture to play video

2nd gear punch and third... what are the other 3 gears for?

Reactions: DexterDay and ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.