New guy here looking for a quality pellet supplier in MN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisru

Dec 4, 2012
hutchinson mn
Hi I new to the forums here. I have a St Croix Auburn that I heat my 800 sq ft story and half home with. This will be my 4th year with this stove. The First two years I burned corn and last year I burnt Indeck pellets. This year I would like to find some cleaner burning pellets. My local stove shop sells Marth. Has any one burned these ? Did you Like them? I am going to buy a couple bags and give them a try. Otherwise where can I find a quality pellet in central minnesota (Hutchinson)

Hey Chris, Lumberjacks have been burning pretty well for me this fall. They're made in Hayward, WI and have dealers all over Minnesota. I've been getting them cheap ($3.69 a bag) at my local Farm & Fleet store if you have one of those nearby.

Otherwise, the manufacturer has a list of dealers on its website: http://www.glrepellets.com/dealers.html

Fleet farm has the Marth pellets bagged for them for a bit better price if they work for you. Indecks are pretty high ash but the Harman I have self cleaning pot. Near impossible to dial in the bixby with em.

iv burned the indeck and marth and the lumberjack.

lumberjacks are the best burning for me so far, marth second..i hated the indecks

the lumberjacks seem to burn about the same as the marth but put out more heat.

I picked up a few bags of Marth pellets the other day and loaded one into the hopper today. They burn pretty well, but ... lots of fines and dust.

Me too: "looking for a quality pellet supplier in MN". Holler if you find one.

Burning Indecks again this year (2 years ago same), price OK by the pallet & have ease of getting them since 4 blocks from house. Very high ash content, more frequent stove cleanings, heat? Burn OK in my Harman but afraid will have to pull in out mid season for complete cleaning based on what I saw after first year of using them, ash build up even up the chimney. Surprisingly doing very well in my Bixby, still has high ash.

Last year pre-bought 8 ton of Eagle Bio Fuels Premium Wood Pellets was a pig in a poke but worked very well in the Harman, had to constantly work with the Bixby adjustments to burn well without exhaust overtemps at higher burn levels. Have burnt Marth in the past & all I can say is were ok.

From this I have some confidence in trying Lumberjacks, thanks. My problem is only Indeck available within 40-60 miles need to go 80 miles for more choices, do have 7000lb trailer but is: time, gas money vs price and hassle of more cleaning with no way for me to make good determination of any heat differences.

Hi guys thanks for the responses.Sorry I have not been watching this post as I have been busy installing a Kent Tile Fire in my garage:):):) . That has kept me pretty ocuppied for a while now. I tried the Marths out a couple weeks ago they did burn cleaner than the indecks but the local supplier is high on thier pricing. I am going to check out Fleet Farms price if they have marths. There is one about forty five minutes from me. If they are cheaper there I may try out a ton of them.

I was just at my local farm and fleet and they had both lumberjack and marth. :)
I think they were about $4 a bag.

My local co op carrys the lumberjack $210 a ton, there is also a self employed man
that sells the lumberjacks in my area. You might try contacting lumberjack and see if
they could tell you the closest place to you that stocks them? It may be worth your time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.