New Harman 52I installed and Feed Motor noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

phil san

Jul 15, 2008
South Shore, MA
Just had installed the 52I Insert. Few hours test run and ran a few hours this AM for first cold snap.

However, when the Auger motor feeds there is a distinctive motor humming sound. Like "BRRRRRRRR"! Sort of like a vibration almost.
It is very Noticeable! I have owned two other pellet stoves and have never even heard the auger motor.
Is this inherent and normal for the Harman? It's very bothersome and the blower motors do not drown it out.
Pellets flow fine and tried two different types.

Mine did the same thing but the longer it ran it seemed like the motor or bearing would warm up and quiet down. Also, the more pellets in the hopper the quieter it was to. You could always try to have harman replace it with a new one under warranty, from what I read they all make that noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lake Girl