New Harman Auger Motor, now the cam and feeder arm...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BURN2BURN

Sep 21, 2008
Manotick, Ontario, Canada
Hi Everyone,

Not having the best of luck this winter, first I run a nail through my stove and burn the auger motor out. Now, I have a new Auger motor from earth sense (they were awesome btw).

When I assemble the motor to the stove, hook it up it works...however the cam and the feeder lever aren't working together, in the picture below the cam is turning clockwise and the feeder lever can't go any further down so it basically pushes hard, then 'bangs' and gets past it until the next rotation.

I'm sure I have missed something small but can't figure it out....anyone?

thanks in advance.

20141202_160344-XL.jpg

Pellets or other object blocking the feeder mechanism?

did you clean out the fines box on the side of the feeder? That arm should freely move. If it doesnt you have something stuck in the slide plate area or the feeder is gummed up. Empty pellets and look and feel down in bottom of hopper and look for evidence of smoke discoloration or gummy stuff

I'm in there now, there's a feeder or side plate (not sure of the correct terminology) that I pulled out, I'm guessing that's where the problem lies. It seems to be clear as I can move it back and forth and hear it hit metal. I had it in one position that seemed to work but it wasn't far enough in to put the cover on. I need a mirror to see in there.

I think your auger motor should turn in the other direction.
There is a video on youtube that shows how to change the direction of rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.