New hearthstone EQ old 85 blazeking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktop37

Jan 4, 2009
S. central Ks.
I had my dealer order my new HS Eq today . Factory had 40. I ask him what to sell my king for. It was their best and biggest in 85. 4.5 woodbox, air blower. He said it was worth 1000 dollars.
WHAT!!!!!! Could he be right? If so it was sure a good investment What do the fire gods think?
he will have nothing to do with it non EPA. in KS it is still ok to private sell

Good luck getting $1k for a 1985 non EPA stove (that isn't rare or highly desirable for some reason). I'd say you'd be doing well to get $200 for it (JMO).

:roll: Well it was nice feeling while it lasted.

Easy on the Blaze Kings. My Princess with blower is 24 years old, and still looks new. Guess what? A grand wouldn't move it from my cabin. This Castine at home is sweet, and I'm learning lots, but that BK is like a good old labrador dog.

Wet1 said:
Good luck getting $1k for a 1985 non EPA stove (that isn't rare or highly desirable for some reason). I'd say you'd be doing well to get $200 for it (JMO).

$1000 is probably too high, but it is crazy what people are asking for an old stove on craigslist. A stove like that has been listing for around $500., but I guess you could start at around the $1000. mark and see what people will offer. We bought a stove at auction 15 years ago real cheap, and was able to sell the well used Earth Stove we had been using for $400 back when that was a lot of money. I am watching for a used Blaze King myself (I want the later model with cat), so I know what the market is like here in the midwest for used stoves, in particular Blaze King.

Thanks all, I will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.