New here, My Harman XXV with homemade hearth pad!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbullguy

Hearth Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
Southern, NH
After lurking around this site for serval months and ordering our stove back in May, it is here and installed. I made the hearth pad out of 6x6 and 1 12", cement board and plywood. Turned out great.

Thanks everyone for all the info on pellet stoves, pellets and general info.

Hope the pictures come out.

If anyone in the Southern NH area wants a Harman XXV, let me know via a pm. By neighbor just found out that his dealer will not be getting his stove in until sometime next year. Where my folks live in the "Down South", there Harman dealer has 3 XXV's. My neighbor is going to drive down and pick all three up and bring them to NH. PM me for price and info.

Once again, Thanks to this site I have a great stove and ready for mother nature anytime................

Attachments

• New here, My Harman XXV with homemade hearth pad!!
    harman xxv.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,176
Looks good, you have the same color walls as we do.

Congrats! You have yourself a good lookin stove there..LOL ;-)

Looks great !! Thanks for the pic...... there aren't enough pics around here !

nice stove install. That hearth pad is really nice, too.

Hey thanks guys.

When the shop installed the stove we fired it up, not as noise as I thought it would be. The mirrored glass is a nice touch, goes away when the flame is burning and back to
the mirrored finish when it cools down.

The hearth pad turned out great, I made it alittle bigger then needed so cause the room is pretty big and a small pad tucked in the corner
would look out of place.

redbullguy said:
Hey thanks guys.

When the shop installed the stove we fired it up, not as noise as I thought it would be. The mirrored glass is a nice touch, goes away when the flame is burning and back to
the mirrored finish when it cools down.

The hearth pad turned out great, I made it alittle bigger then needed so cause the room is pretty big and a small pad tucked in the corner
would look out of place.

mirrored glass is a KOOL option! as for the pad being big , i think its proportioned just fine , leaves enough room to accessorize and also is easily large enough to meet clearances with no sweat about having tomonkey around to get it right for code. all around good job. and you will love that xxv,its a heck of a unit.

Lucky you, I just found a twenty fifth that will be delivered in Dec. 14, I just made a pad for my brother similar to yours. Your stove and hearth looks great. I'm new on this forum, and am looking forward to chat with other members. Good luck!

Very nice job!!

I will be making one shortly as the dealer called today.
Stove is on its' way.

Status
Not open for further replies.