New Home for the Old Dog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoked

Feeling the Heat
Feb 19, 2015
Roanoke VA
To warm to use it but I got my older Heritage set up in the basement several weeks ago. I have only burned it a couple of evenings and one day when I was working out back and in and out of the basement door often. I re-did the gaskets before the first fire down there and it seems to be running pretty good when I actually get to burn it.

Might not have a fire in either stove for about a week the way things look right now but I think I am ready if it ever decide to change seasons here in the east.

Enjoy the late fall I guess!

Attachments

• 20151117_192743.jpg
    20151117_192743.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 230
Reactions: BrotherBart
Looks very nice in that setting.

Reactions: Smoked
Far better heat production than the fireplace ==c Don't complain, you'll have more time to get wood ahead. Interesting set-up with the live-edge mantle and two-man saw. I have a shorter version missing the handles.

Far better heat production than the fireplace ==c Don't complain, you'll have more time to get wood ahead. Interesting set-up with the live-edge mantle and two-man saw. I have a shorter version missing the handles.
I had to move the mantle up and the saw is covering the giant holes left by the fasteners. That seemed a lot easier than chipping everything and replacing the bricks. I had those cherry slabs laying around for a while so that just sort of came together when I realized I needed to set the mantle much higher.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Absolutely love the crosscut saw and live edge slabs. Not to mention stove. Beautiful!

Nice setup, good recommissioning of the old stove, now you need a blizzard.

Thanks guys! Not that I am dying to start going through wood gangbusters, but it would be nice to see this in use a little more. El Nino FTW!

Really like it, nice setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.