New Install - Hearth Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the Rangeley F50 is also one that I wrestled with. I liked the fact that it's a convection stove. In the end I felt I couldn't go wrong with either stove so we went with the one we liked the most, aesthetic wise. The Jotul F500 Oslo Clean face. Unfortunately I still haven't installed it, which is actually ok since we're having a crazy warm fall and winter, so far. 62 today

I like the arches on the door. We are having a warm winter as well, and we are lacking the snow we usually have. Although we are in a cold snap at the current moment and it's 0 out. We will hopefully be purchasing and installing en doc December and beginning of January, we have a bit of work to do to the hearth.

Yes the wife likes the enameled ivory but that puts me $1000 more than the matte black stove... not going to happen!!! I'm the cheapest person alive, so...

Ha!! Maybe you should meet my wife...she likes that kind of thinking. But me...I splurge and fight through the brain turmoil.....you know...those words..."man...that's a whole but load of cash!" ........the other day...my wife stated with a smile while looking at the stove, "ya know....the ivory was the right choice."

For our set up, ivory was the best. Needed to be a brighter/lighter color....in any instance...these Jotuls are unmatched for design and beauty...but there are definitely other performers out there...I'm partial to Jotul...but all stoves have their issues. My main complaint with the Jotul Oslo I just purchased was that they never shipped the little nuts that secure the wooden nobs to the end of the door handles!! The screws and washers and the sleeves were there...but no nut. Too much effort to complain...trip to hardware store and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.