new insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philupthegastank

Dec 10, 2014
90% of the US is below me.
havent posted on here in a while, but my house gut/rehab has been going pretty slow, but this summer we did put in new insulation. The house has 2x6 walls so i bought roxul comfort batts that have an R value of 24, and the siding we have is insulated with an R value of 4, and with sealing up all the air gaps, cracks, gaps between boards, all around windows and doors with great stuff foam spray and a layer of drywall thats probably an R value of 1, so im hoping that our walls will now have an r value of around 28/29, which will hopefully keep us toasty warm up in zone 4.

sorry some of the images are upside down...

in april we will be finishing putting in an upstairs bathroom, installing a wood stove, most likely an englander 30 nc, finishing up the new electric in the house and updating the service to 200 amp, painting and all that good stuff

Attachments

• IMG_1525.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    278.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1558.JPG
    IMG_1558.JPG