New Lopi AGP pellet stove installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love my AGP i clean and empty my ash pan every 2 weeks i never had a problem burning any pellets yet they recommended New England Pellets because that's the only pellet they sell and new England pellets sucks they are very dirty in my eyes

AGP Thread at last! Beginning to think I was the only person who owned one. Bought mine used Showroom Model in Oct 2013. Due to recall, larger Auger Motor had been installed and a Torque reset had been done before I purchased it. Most noises turned out to be Sheet Metal vibration or Auger snapping Pellets. After burning 2 tons last Winter w no problems this yr pellets were getting stuck between Auger Blade and Edge of Cup that holds Pellets before they go to Burn Plate and turning Stove off. After much Aggravation I removed Cover Plate over Snap Disc and found Hex Screw over tapered end of Blade had never been screwed down tight. End up removing Blade and it was all beat up as if it tried to snap a Nut or some other Hardware. Took a File to it and replaced it but Problem continued. Sooooo, cleaned entire Snap Disc area sprayed it with Graphite Spray and it has been running fine and quiet all day! Knock on Wood, Stoves can be very temperamental and I'm too cheap to have a Tech come out! If any AGP owner has this sort of problem I hope this helps.

HELP! So glad to have stumbled upon this forum. I recently (48 hours ago) had a new AGP Lopi installed. I have run it at medium heat with Turman pellets left over from last year, and I am getting very very poor heat output. The room it is in hasn't got about 68 degrees. The stove seems to be in great working order, good flame, auger is working well and it very warm 48 inches away from the stove but 8 feet away it is only high 60's at best. Any tips or advice would be so welcomed.

Try using some fresh quality Pellets. I know AGPs ( All grade Pellets ) are supposed to burn anything, but see if you can find some w least amount of Fines in Bag. Stored Pellets will get soft and pulpy and not produce the same heat as fresh clean will. With shortage in Ct I bought 2 tons from a place that would deliver into Garage and although they were a little dusty and burn on the dirty side... It's 22 degrees outside and nice and warm in here! Good Luck w new Stove! I'll add more on this Thread but need to charge Phone. Specifics?

Status
Not open for further replies.