New Lopi Answer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jaison

Dec 2, 2022
Connecticut
Just got her installed today. Still learning the controls, it’s a little more touchy than my old one, turn air all the way down too soon it cuts out the fire completely. I’ll learn it eventually but she does burn nice.

C0ECC501-61E6-47F9-A6A4-A6622BEFF3E0.jpeg 4F2DF417-1598-49CA-9E01-CD3A4C17055B.jpeg

My little Answer is perfect for my needs.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I am disappointed in my new lopi answer. My house is 1000 ft but I am only getting about 3 hours of meaningful heat from the stove. I have to feed it constantly so I prefer to use the pellet stove for a constant and reliable heat and use the wood stove for shoulder seasons. I must admit I have not pushed the lopi to its limits, and the dry wood that I have is only enough this year to burn during a power outage. Next year I will experiment more fully and push the limits and see if I might be happier with my purchase.

I am disappointed in my new lopi answer. My house is 1000 ft but I am only getting about 3 hours of meaningful heat from the stove. I have to feed it constantly so I prefer to use the pellet stove for a constant and reliable heat and use the wood stove for shoulder seasons. I must admit I have not pushed the lopi to its limits, and the dry wood that I have is only enough this year to burn during a power outage. Next year I will experiment more fully and push the limits and see if I might be happier with my purchase.
I’ve only put in two big splits so far and mostly a lot of small splits, reloaded about three times since I started it around 12:30. I’m pretty happy with it, but I don’t mind tending the fire too much, and my kids enjoy seeing the fire reload. Probably a different story if it was really cold but I’ve been running low burn the entire time, only about 28 degrees here.

Congrats. Had a Lopi Endeavor installed today also. I think I'll enjoy this stove but my installers did a hack job IMO. It'll take me some time to learn the new stove, trust the install and hope for no roof leaks.

Reactions: Jaison
Congrats. Had a Lopi Endeavor installed today also. I think I'll enjoy this stove but my installers did a hack job IMO. It'll take me some time to learn the new stove, trust the install and hope for no roof leaks.
Awesome, congrats. My installers did pretty good I’d say. Even installed a block off plate without me requesting it, too. It’ll take more than a day for me to learn this stove that’s for sure.

Reactions: VintageGal