New Lopi Leyden won't feed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHotinWesternMA

Oct 11, 2008
Western MA
Just installed the Lopi Leyden and turned it on the first time. Followed the instructions and the thing won't feed. We tried holding down the augur prime button for 10+ minutes at the recommendation of the place we bought it but no dice. Any tips or is something wrong with this thing?

RedHot,

Check the switch between the stove body and hopper lid. Hold the switch closed by hand while you hit the manual auger button. This would confirm whether your warped top mentioned in the other thread is your issue.

Good luck

FMN

Spent a couple of hours on the phone with the manufacturer and nothing they had me do worked. So now its back to the place I bought it from which is unfortunately in NY state a couple hours from here to try to get them to honor the warranty and send someone out here who really knows electronics. Wishing I had bought this thing from a local vendor but with the shortages I had to go further abroad...

Check under the hopper lid. Same thing happened to me but then i found a pellet that had lodged on the gasket which in turn wouldn't trip the switch . Hang in there, cause it may be a simple thing & chances are the good folks on this site will probably give ya the right advice & good suggestions Muss

This url http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/900_ps_1990_97.htm#help at the bottom has some Travis Industries (own Lopi) Troubleshooting guides. Even though they do not mention the Leyden some of the info may help. Also further up is the Control Board along with instructions for it - that has some wiring diagrams as well. Hope some it helps. Good luck.

I wanted to just follow through and say that we figured it out - the box that holds the controls for the button under the lid is dead, so they are sending us a new one. Phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.