New M55 Thermostat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillNH1969

Nov 28, 2013
New Hampshire
Just purchased and had installed a Enviro M55 cast. Love it so far. I hooked up the el-cheepo thermostat that came with it and all was good. Yesterday the stove shut down due to the high temps in the area, coupled with the temp inside the house. No shock there. This morning the temps dropped as did the temp inside the house.The stove never fired back up on Auto/Off setting. It fires in manual and works great. When I adjust the thermostat nothing happens. No click on the thermostat no firing up of the stove. I disconnected and reconnected the spade connectors on the stove and checked the voltage at the thermostat and I have 5volt. I'm gonna see if it goes into shutdown mode again and then jump the wires on the thermostat to see if it fires the stove. Sound like a bad thermostat to me. Im quite sure people have experienced this before but my searches resulted in nothing. Thanks for the Help. Bill

Welcome the Hearth!

Short the two wires together at the thermostat, that way you've checked the stove, wire, and eliminated only the thermostat.

Let us know what happens.

TS

I did that when it was in shut down mode and it instantly went into start up mode. Thermostat is bad in my opinion.
My next question would be what remote programmable thermostat do people recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.