New mac cl96c

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

William leger

Dec 9, 2019
Canada
Hey guys
I know i have a old wood/oil furnace but everything works great except when i have a fire going my limit switch is set off to 100 / on at 140 and limit at 200. But sometimes the blower dont seem to keep up and hits the 200 limit and then shuts off the blower and thermostat. Thanks for your tips! Also does the draft fan needs to be turned on while fire is burning? Seem to be like that fan will go trough wood like nothing!

No experience with a New mac but on other brands of wood furnace the draft blower is only used on start up to get the furnace up to temperature and then shut it off and let natural draft work. Many that have run the draft blower though out the burn report the wood only lasting an hour to two. If you are hitting the 200F limit I hope it is shutting off the draft blower and not the distribution blower.
Sometimes the thermostat is wired to turn on the draft blower with a call for heat, but if your house is hard to heat that blower could be on the duration of the burn and really chew through some wood.

What he said ^ ^ ^
If the duct blower is not keeping up normally (with the combustion blower off) then something is definitely wrong!