New member into and Lopi Freedom question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krav51

Sep 28, 2015
glenmoore pa
Hello all,just wanted to introduce myself and ask a quick question about the Lopi Freedom im having installed in two weeks.I currently have a Dutchwest 2500 insert with a 1.3 cubic foot box and im tired of having to load it every couple of hours and not getting anywhere near an overnght burn.My house is 2000 square feet so i may be asking a bit much from such a small insert.Im hoping the Freedom will give off a lot more heat and at least leave me with coals in the morning so im not starting from scratch.My question concerns the by pass damper.Does it help to get the stove up to temp faster when first starting and is it really needed when loading into a hot stove.Thanks in advance!

The bypass helps a lot when getting a fire going. It allows the stove to draft much harder than a stove without one. It's really nice if you have a chimney that's a little short.
You will need to open the bypass anytime the door is opened to prevent smoke spillage. The freedom heats like crazy! You'll be happy!

Reactions: krav51
Hello all,just wanted to introduce myself and ask a quick question about the Lopi Freedom im having installed in two weeks.I currently have a Dutchwest 2500 insert with a 1.3 cubic foot box and im tired of having to load it every couple of hours and not getting anywhere near an overnght burn.My house is 2000 square feet so i may be asking a bit much from such a small insert.Im hoping the Freedom will give off a lot more heat and at least leave me with coals in the morning so im not starting from scratch.My question concerns the by pass damper.Does it help to get the stove up to temp faster when first starting and is it really needed when loading into a hot stove.Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum - lots of good info here.

bob

Reactions: krav51
Status
Not open for further replies.