New member...new Woodstove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BobLefty61

Aug 28, 2021
Connecticut
Greetings, all! I discovered this site a few months back, when I made the decision to replace my nearly-40-year-old Jotul Combi-Fire 4 stove. I loved the Jotul, but it was really starting to show its age. I have to offer a big "thank you" to everyone who posts here...I learned a lot just by browsing through all of the posts.

I shopped around at three local stores and decided to go with the Hearthstone Green Mountain 60. I've seen the posts by folks who have had issues with this stove, but so far it's been smooth sailing for me. My first attempted burn went poorly, but that was due to my lack of skills and, probably, the mild weather (it was 60+ degrees that day). With the nights now dipping down into the 30's, I'm not having any problems at all. I have a 30-foot chimney, so I'm sure that helps, too.

Thanks again to everyone...if this site didn't exist, I have no idea how I would have replaced my old stove. :)

Woodstoves.JPG

I’m not gonna lie that old Combi fire sure added some “charm” to the hearth. That GM 60 looks right nice and probably better. Glad it’s working out for you.

Reactions: BobLefty61
Welcome! Visually I like both stoves, especially with all the brick you have there, but from what I've read I bet the GM60 will be an improvement.

Reactions: BobLefty61