New PE FP25 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jdrenckpohl

Feb 12, 2020
Maple Valley, WA
Had my new FP25 installed today. Once the sheerock is put in they will come back and finish with the surround, etc. I plan to use Eldorado Grey brick up the outside of the chase and inside up to the mantel. Mantel will be an old handhewen piece of fir.

Attachments

• 20200813_151308.jpg
    20200813_151308.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20200731_201921.jpg
    20200731_201921.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200813_151159.jpg
    20200813_151159.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: T-roy_
Progress. Will the chase be insulated? How will the mantle be attached and hung?

Yes they insulated the chase up to about 8 feet. At that point there is plywood sheeting closing off the upper portion of the chase. Ceilings are 13 feet or so and will have spray foam insulation.

Mantel will be mounted with so met similar to this

Sounds good. There should be a metal firestop surrounding the chimney pipe as it passes through the plywood ceiling in the chase. This maintains the 2" min. clearance requirement for the chimney pipe.

Yes they insulated the chase up to about 8 feet. At that point there is plywood sheeting closing off the upper portion of the chase. Ceilings are 13 feet or so and will have spray foam insulation.

Mantel will be mounted with so met similar to this
How much does the mantelpiece weigh? The thick fir piece appears to be pushing the rating of this bracket. It would be good to verify first with the mfg. before sealing anything up in the wall. It says the hollow rods can support up to 60# each, so I think you will want 4 rods. The single flat 2x4 doesn't seem like much to secure to. It might be good to add on top for blocking?
Yes it looks like there is a metal collar. I can only see from the bottom looking up
That's sounds good.

Do you have a good stash of split firewood already seasoning?

Last edited: