Pacific Energy FP25 vs Osburn Strattford II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

treeguy27

Feb 17, 2020
Missouri
We are currently building a new house and have plans for a zero clearance fireplace. This house build had been put on hold for a couple of years during covid. I had originally planned to put in a Pacific energy FP25. Fast forward to now and there doesn't seem to be any FP25's available. My local dealer said PE told them 3-4 months, but they weren't even confident in that time frame. The dealer can get a Stratford II right now. So I'm trying to decide between going with the Stratford now and installing it during construction or plan ahead for the FP25 and wait until it shows up to install and finish the fireplace surround. Any thoughts or opinions? Any other similar size and price fireplaces that are currently available that I should be considering? I appreciate any insight.

The Stratford will get the job done. SBI makes a good product.

One advantage of PE fireplaces is that they use standard firebrick instead of refractory slabs to line the firebox. Have you considered going up to the FP30? It has a more versatile loading than either of them.

In this size range, there is also the RSF Focus SBR & the Kozy Z42,