New Pellet Co in Fitchburg, MA $225/ton for one day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't called them since August, but I keep reading about them on this post to see what the latest on the situation is. I also ordered a ton to try so I could help support a local business, plus the price was right too. I have 2 tons of Barefoot on hand right now, so I don't need my Creative Biomass pellets for now. I really don't have anywhere to store them at the moment either. So I am happy to have them "store" them for the time being. Should I not be able to get my ton come January or Feb when I need them, that will be another story. Keep up the posts on the latest news from them.

mnkywrnch said:
On low probably atleast 150*

just need a good way to measure the heat. the probe that I used the other day was not mine. And I want to measure the heat from this pellet and the pellets I had last year (still have 2 bags left)

the quick reading I took was around 135f - but that was on a low setting

I have a harman p38 - settings of 1 (standby) to 5, and then turbo. I had mine set to 2 at the time of the reading.

I'd rather turn it up to like a 4 which is where I would run it in the dead of winter.

I was one of the people who stood in line back in June to get my heat for the winter. I was looking forward to trying their pellets and excited for the the Northern MA/Southern NH area having a local manufacturer to supply us with pellets at a lower cost & hopefully to help bring the prices down at other pellet dealers because of a little competition. I Patiently waited till Sept for my delivery. That is when I started to get concerned as to when I would see my pellets. That is where the many different excuses from them started. They have told me 7 different times that at least one of my tons was on schedule to be delivered, then to be told that they overbooked deliveries more than once. After using that excuse about 3 times they finally admitted that they were having problems with making them and that they would be starting a numbering system. After reading the posts here at least I feel better about knowing I am not the only one they used that lie on. After being told today that my delivery is on some truck somewhere and I should have gotten it yesterday but maybe he did not get a chance to deliver it yet because he had many stops to make so maybe I will see it today (well its 6:30pm now so I guess not) so maybe tomorrow, or maybe next spring once the heating season is over. Hey I should get my money together to buy that bridge they are going to sell me next. They have not been telling the truth it is just one excuse after another. They have never called to explain the situation I have had to chase them down. I know many people who have already canceled, (I'm next) cause there is no shortage of pellets out there to be dealing with this crap. Good luck to you people who are still waiting for your delivery.

FYI
They opened a store in Mason NH State Line Stove Shop on Sept. 26th, they had food, music, and door prizes, they gave away 9 tons of pellets that day, plus took more pellet orders from people coming in knowing that they have yet to fill the orders they took and had already been paid for back in June. They knew they could not take care of the customers from June and then added more to the problem. And what about those 9 tons they gave away.

Have access to a truck have offered more than once to just pick up the order myself but they never have any at the factory. The tons that some people have posted as to seeing in the Fitchburg yard back in Sept might have been for the tons they gave away at their grand opening party for their new store in Mason NH. They should have just delivered those tons to the customers who already paid instead of giving them away to bring the people in to just be able to sell more pellets that they did not have or might not have.

once again they cancled my delivery today, they said they didnt have enough for a full load on the truck & the truck wont leave without a full load of 10 tons. maybe tomorrow if they can produce enough. i agree they shouldnt be giving tons away if they cant fill the orders allredy taken!

so has anyone confronted them on all of this? I'm tempted to call and tell them I'm having serious cold feet on my second half of my orders, and based on that stories that I have been reading and hearing online there have been all sorts of lies circulating out of the contact point in the office.

I have been advised by many people to accept the fact that they are just lying about all of this and just telling me what I want to hear to keep me from canceling my order. Yes eventually they will get me my pellets but when, in January, when there is a foot of snow on the ground. They don't care how this is putting their customers out. With the Mayor being at the grand opening in June and newspapers and the big deal made about them it had a lot of people believing that they would come thru with the orders. I wonder what the newpaper would think of all of this.

I drive by Stateline Stove Shop everyday they do not have any tons in the yard. They did when they had the grand opening in Sept. That is what they gave away for door prizes. 9 Tons.

What I meant was that was his full order, I still have a ton waiting to be picked up, they could of at the least gave 1 ton to 9 different families.

There is a lot of people who cancelled. But I am sure there is still a lot of people who are still hopeful they will see their order. We put a lot of faith and trust in a company just starting out. We all wanted this to go well. I still do. I don't want to see a new business like that fail. When I started calling in Sept they asked if 1 Ton would be ok at first just to hold me over and that way everybody else could get part of their orders also. I accepted that. Now over a month later I am still seeing nothing. I am reduced to begging them to let me pick up one ton myself. But they say they don't have any. This is not acceptable. We would have never put up with this from somebody like Aubouchons.

I felt the same way, I wanted to give a local business some help. Fitchburg needs jobs and the old U Coop. feed mill was a good possibility. I know that all the orders gave them the start up capital that they needed but any start up like that is going to have problems. Unfortunately, they do not now have the pellets and Winter is almost here.
I chose to cancel, got my money back and bought a ton of NEWP from a local dealer. I hope that they will resolve their problems and survive, but that may not happen.

How can they expect repeat customers when they treated them like this. My biggest problem is that they are not being honest with me. I know they are lying when they tell me to expect my delivery and then repeatedly don't show up.

mnkywrnch said:
It's nice to know that when they can't seem to fill there orders they are still excepting new orders http://creativebiomass.com/CB/index.html or just go to the state line stove shop and buy your pellets there, and I bet if I took a drive up there they would have pellets ready to go total b.s :mad:

I purchased my pellets during the open house on September 26, in Mason NH. I was told I could pick them up that following Monday. Went back to pick them up and was told they were waiting for a delivery that it was suppose to come in that day. Have been told the same story everytime I have gone back to pick them up. I went to the the Fitchburg Mill and was told I could pick them up on November 2nd, because they were so far behind in filling there orders. I made a phone call today and was told they would have to change that date and it would be another 4-5 weeks or longer, and was given the # 302! I went to the State Line Store to get my money back and was told I would have my pellets by Wednesday or I would get my money back. Yet they are still taking orders for more pellets which they can not fill! My neighbor won one of the 9 ton the day of the open house, he still has not received them and is getting the same run-a-round that I am!

i finally recieved 6 of my 9 tons today, they still owe me 3 tons & say i should have them in about 3 weeks! we will see. i spoke with the delivery driver about whats been said & whats going on. this driver is an independant contractor for them he does not work directly for them. he said the equipment they are using is breaking down constantly they produce for an hour or two the machine breaks & there down for 3-4 hours fixing it. this equipment is old & was origionaly used for making animal feed. when i was speaking with the lady in the office earlier she said that they were shutting down the mill on friday to install a new faster pellet milling machine. i asked the driver about this & he said that was true & this should fix there problem. i think if they where honest from the begining with there customers people would be more happy, instead of getting 4 -5 different excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.