New Project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lostagain

Oct 6, 2018
Idaho
Hi everyone, first post.
I have a fireplace and a wood stove in my place, but my mom has an electric furnace that costs around $300/mo to sort of heat during the winter. So I called a local shop to come estimate how much a pellet stove would be to put in. After coming out the quoted me $3300 for a pad, pellet stove that would heat around 1100 sqft and installation.
So, my project began to do it myself and come in under this quote. Having never worked on a pellet stove before, could use all the suggestions I can get.

The hearth is two sheets of plywood, one sheet of cement board, mortar, stone tiles I shattered on the sidewalk, grout. ($90)
After 3 months I found a 1997 Englander 25-pfs ($100). Not bad shaped but not working. Needed a serious cleaning and a blower motor for the burn pot.
I would like to replace all bearings, auger motors and blower motors. But will see what budget allows.
Am having a problem figuring out how that plate above the burn pot should be placed. Name plate says 25-pfs, but haven't been able to find any picks of this exact stove or that plate online.

Including moving supplies, into this $250 so far. Will update pics and total cost as it continues.

stove1.jpg stove3.jpg stove4.jpg stove2.jpg stove5.jpg stove6.jpg stove7.jpg stove8.jpg stove9.jpg stove10.jpg