New project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CamFan

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
North East Georgia
b78c08505ac2c2752360f516d68af256.jpg
548f5f83731bff92142fea9af1fc6262.jpg

Here’s one I got this morning. It’s also got feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Todd67
Wow, that's in rough shape. A good sand blasting should clean it up nicely. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Wow, that's in rough shape. A good sand blasting should clean it up nicely. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I already took it. They will blast it after lunch today. I’ve checked and gasket will work on this one. I may paint it tonight. I also may have it sold already. I’ll know tomorrow. The top will be pitted from rust but if you take paint , let it gel a bit then spread it on the top with a putty knife after it dries sand it then paint the stove. It’s hard to tell. The chimney on this rusted out is the reason it’s so rough.

Reactions: Todd67
I bought it for the feet. They are nickel. I have to clean them up.

Nothing wrong with that. I'd have done the same.

Hmm. They are nickel and cleaned up good. I am soaking them to do a final clean. Send a pm with an offer. I can take a picture tomorrow. A friend of mine just bought black ones for 250.00. Hrs installing it this week.