New Quad 1200i not working!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The Quadrafire "smartstat" remote has a 4 degree swing to startup. Not sure about which on you are using but my remote died and although they replaced it under warranty I put in a different thermostat. When my smartstat died it would not start if it was below startup temp and sometimes the base unit box would just keep beeping like when it turns on the stove (but it only beeps once when it turns it on.) I could still start it manually (by moving the remote's base unit switch to "on") but it would keep burning if put back onto remote mode.

Now my thermostat has a max 3 degree swing to come back on and that works fine for me. Not sure what other thermostat the dealer has but hopefully it isn't the one I had.