new question on 49 trcpm and 10 cpm reccomended settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like 1-4-1 for pellets, because I like a little extra combustion air to help keep the pot clean. 1-1-1 and mode 1 should work fine for you too though. Depends on your installation.

Mine came from the factory as 1-1-1 as well. First year with it, so haven't played with it too much... I burned for a couple hours at 1-1-1 and noticed some ember-ed pellets not completely on fire and some material that wasn't fully burned, so next time I'm going to try 1-2-1 and see how that does. Basically I'm going to try adding more combustion air until the pellets fully burn without over-cranking it and causing the pellets to burn too quickly.

If and when you make any changes, always give it a good amount of time to adjust to the different setting. I would say about an hour or better. But some on here say as little as 15 minutes is good. I would take notice of the flame activity and also the color of the ash. The darker the ash, the richer the fuel mixture. A grey to light grey is what you are looking for. Brown or Black is to much fuel or not enough air. White is to much air of to little fuel.

The definitive answer from Mike Holton at Englander for the 10-cpm/49trcpm is 1-4-1.

I used that for the 2nd half of last winter (after trying 1-1-1, qnd 1-2-1), and it DOES burn better and gives more heat.

ioneill82 said:
Ill try that a guy from work told me that and my ash is more black then grey with glass getting black on 1-1-1 thanks

The 1-4-1 will give the stove more burn air, and should give you a leaner burn.....less black ash, more grey. Don't go above 5 on the burn air, as this just sends a lot of heat up the exhaust pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.