New record temp out the vent :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
10 degrees higher then I have ever saw with the Indeck, or any others I have burned. :)
Thanks Somersets.
2012-02-09_22-44-48_155.jpg

What setting are ya running?

I get considerably lower temps with mine.

I usually run on heat level 3 or 4.

I have the same 05 25-PDVC and never got heat like that.. Maybe if I run it at 8 or 9 I might.. What are you burning and what are your settings???

Attachments

• ColePalmerDigitalThermometer (2)sc.jpg
    ColePalmerDigitalThermometer (2)sc.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 297
oldmountvernon said:
that seems a bit high to me, i think you were touching the metal parts inside

Yep.... Touching metal....... Or the probe on it is 12" long and its getting a lot of radiant off of the inside of the tube.

Not gonna deny the Somerset part though. Hottest pellet around here. IMO

9-9 for 45 minutes. The oven thermometer was just hooked between the metal slots. Thing was roaring anyways.

wannabe pellet pyro said:
I ran mine on 7-8 and was getting 250 out the vents

Thats closer to a good "Air" reading.

I have yet to measure on anything but my Quad, with it on Low, I get in the 210°-260° depending on feed gate and pellet quality. 230° is a good average though.

Thats using a Cole Parmer K-type thermocouple like Don2222's. With the tip level with the front of the left heat tube. Held in the center of it. Very accurate and very fast reading.

Don2222, you may want to think about backing it down a bit, The silicone sealer between the glass corners is only good for 625*

Status
Not open for further replies.