New saw to me in more ways than one!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this clean saw and I thought I could get some info from ......every one!
Pioneer Model 1077/ made in 10 78/ carb Walbro
What fuel mix should I be using?
What size bar and chain should I be using? So many questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newchainsaw002jpg-1_zpsb01f8903.jpg

Newchainsaw010jpg-1_zps69223302.jpg
Newchainsaw001jpg-1_zpsbceb6220.jpg
Newchainsaw006jpg-1_zpsce7c3e5a.jpg
Newchainsaw005jpg-1_zpsa8ce8310.jpg

Reactions: Ashful
Wow, I'd PM Thistle on that one. ;)

EDIT: The pioneer 1077 isn't listed as a model but the 1074 is, think that is what you have?

Pioneer 1074 Specshttp://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6cb8b65e3260962688256b00001a7609?OpenDocument

16:1 is the spec for the fuel mix but I'd have no reservations running the same 50:1 mix most run in their equipment nowadays in it.

That 16:1 was most likely spec'd using 30wt engine oil mixed with gas as the fuel. Modern 2-stroke oils have come a LONG ways since then.

Reactions: Ashful and smokinj
You were right it's a 1074
I got it started been down 10 years boy did it smoke!

Yea I bet it was specked at 16:1 no less than 32:1. But like they said I would nor worry about 50:1 or 40:1 whatever u want.

The new oil is way better than oil then, like he said most likely just 30wt motor oil that did not mix well.

Old Outboards were like 16 or32:1 but Johnson suprrceeded all that and now every Johnson /evinrude now is species to run 50:1 from the manufacturer. Irrelevant to saws just pointed it though as an example that manufacturer change specs over decades.

16:1 with 30W non detergent oil. Make a great bug fogger, otherwise 50:1 mix with good quality oil like the others said. Nice looking old saw. What bar is on it now? A C

Reminds me of my old Homelite. Those old saws have some serious grunt, running 7500 RPM at WOT. It won't be fast, but it'll slowly chug thru things that will make your modern saw of the same size stop in the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.