New splitter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
149ac58aa4e35f59e4658090e88aecba.jpg
f536cec05d2c5d21b94168b887ec0377.jpg
this thing was horrible to get started. I bet I pulled it 40 times. Other than that it ran great and split anything I threw at it. I really need that log table tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s for the advice guys. The splitter with be used at our cabin in northern Wisconsin. It’s funny I work in sales for Gm and Chevrolet for the last 16 years and we have no break in period on anything we sell although many customers due change out the oil early on the engine.

Where your cabin at in Wisconsin? I’m in Winter not far from Hayward. I’d put automatic transmission fluid in like already said. And I see you have a Polar ATV/UTV trailer, good choice! I love mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: DITTY22
Where your cabin at in Wisconsin? I’m in Winter not far from Hayward. I’d put automatic transmission fluid in like already said. And I see you have a Polar ATV/UTV trailer, good choice! I love mine.

Haha I’m in winter wi lol. I’m north of town on north clover rd. Jeez small world

Haha I’m in winter wi lol. I’m north of town on north clover rd. Jeez small world

I had a feeling you might be in the Winter area to be honest. I’m just off of B and Fish Trap Road. I’m from the twin cities but moved up here full time in 2010 and that’s when I got hooked on wood heat... ohhh so good! Lol.

Last edited:
I had a feeling you might be in Winter to be honest. I’m just off of B and Fish Trap Road.

Oh wow we are really close then. I’m half mile north of wolfs eagle lodge on north clover rd. We will have to grab a beer sometime.

My dads cabin is actually closer to you tho, he’s on barker lake road across from that hay field. Red steel roof and big red & brown pole barn with porch

41ca922a49671026b05d1eb7c1f14d2a.jpg
this is my dads place before they added a porch to the front last year

Oh wow we are really close then. I’m half mile north of wolfs eagle lodge on north clover rd. We will have to grab a beer sometime.

Sure, I’m pretty good at finding scrounge wood up here and some of the trees are big. Maybe we can work on a tree and split the wood sometime. In fact a friend and I are taking down a good sized dead elm today. I’ll message you here.