New stove buyer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Salemburner

Mar 29, 2024
Salem, Ohio
Buying new stove.
Small house, 1,000 sf in NE Ohio.
Looking at Vermont Castings, Blaze King, Hearthstone, Lopi, Jotul.
MUST HAVE ash pan.

Recommendations?

Take a look at the new Jotul F445 Holliday. Another stove that may be a good fit is the Woodstock Keystone or Palladian.

If doing a Lopi stove you would need to go to the medium Endeavor stove and that is rated for more than a 1000 sq feet. The Lopi small Answer stove does not have an ash pan as an option. Everyone of the brands you have listed I have sold except Blaze King. I will tell you with 32 years of Hearth experience the Lopi is the best brand of those stoves in my opinion. I currently sell Hearthstone, Lopi, and Jotul. I feel Lopi is ahead of these other manufacturers when it comes to durability and performance.

Pacific energy T4. Ash pan is over rated and a source of air leaks that can lead to over fires have one stove with one one stove without it should not be a dealbreaker

Reactions: stoveliker
If doing a Lopi stove you would need to go to the medium Endeavor stove and that is rated for more than a 1000 sq feet. The Lopi small Answer stove does not have an ash pan as an option. Everyone of the brands you have listed I have sold except Blaze King. I will tell you with 32 years of Hearth experience the Lopi is the best brand of those stoves in my opinion. I currently sell Hearthstone, Lopi, and Jotul. I feel Lopi is ahead of these other manufacturers when it comes to durability and performance.
Thanks. We're also looking at Vermont Castings. The Intrepid. I like a lot being able to load wood through the top. at 900 sf, I don't think it's going to take much to heat our very well insulated small home. Your thoughts?