New stove...Englander NC30, Pleasant hearth 2200 ft, US Stove magnolia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TravisNY

Nov 14, 2018
Clinton Corners, NY
So I’m selling the Vermont Casting defiant 1945. Although it puts out great heat I don’t feel safe using it with four kids in the house since it seems to keep overfiring. I’m not interested in putting any more work into it so I’ve decided to go with something new...

I’ve checked reviews on here and on the box store websites and it seems as though the Englander NC30, pleasant hearth 2200sq ft, or the US stove magnolia could work good for me. My house is a little larger than 2000 sq ft (one level L shaped ranch) so I’ll need a bigger stove like one of these.

The most important things to be are burn times and heat output(obviously haha). I’m really looking for longer burn times. I burn super dry oak and cherry. Just wanted peoples opinions that have these stoves and would you recommend them or something else?

I don't have one . . . but from folks here and where I live and know personally I have been impressed with Englander's customer service. If I was looking for a budget stove I would seriously give Englander a good, long look.

Research the Drolet HT2000. Search here. Similar price. Its a good one.

I’ve looked at the Drolet’s but they don’t have nearly as many reviews, the price is more and there are none local to me. I’m not opposed to going with a higher end stove like a jotul, I just didn’t know if they were that much better that it’s worth paying double or more for a stove

I have had the Pleasant Hearth for 1 season. No complaints with it at all. The burn times are not as long as stated but it will do overnight no problem when you slide the air control down. Fan is a bit loud, but I don't notice it with the tv on.

My brother has the Magnolia. Has burned it 24/7 for three seasons I believe. Is a nice looking stove and he has had zero problems and his stack is even under the recommended height. He has never used the ash pan. Says they are dumb. It still looks new. Comes with a blower. His stopped working this year. He sprayed the motor with electronic cleaner and it works like new again. He burns cherry and ash mostly. Hasnt complained about burn times but has said it will roast you out if you let it go. Heats his whole house a larger cape cod. Cant think of anything else. Have a question I will get an answer.

photostudio_1543133791431.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a NC-30 and love it. It took a little while to get used to it, but now that I understand the burn cycle and start-up better, I'm really happy with it.

Paul